Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

graduation dress

graduation dress

For my college graduation I wanted a dress that was really fun and different... So I made one! There are a lot of really easy and cheap patterns you can find for dresses.  I also like to have the ability to choose my own fabrics; it's nice knowing that no one will have a dress like yours. 


I chose a Vogue pattern (V1174), which was more expensive, more elaborate and more difficult than many dress patterns.  If you have never followed a clothing pattern, especially if you get a difficult pattern, it is REALLY helpful to have someone around that knows what they are doing.  (Patterns have symbols and names for techniques that they assume you know and are difficult to figure out on your own).  I was lucky to have my mom and aunt around.

These are the original pattern pictures: 



Here is what my dress looks like:


FRONT:
Bodice with Boning




BACK:

Lined pockets

Inside the bodice

Yes, buying a dress its much easier and obviously faster; but nothing beats wearing an original piece of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment