Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

pecan pie muffins




pecan pie muffins
 
Sorry New Years Resolutions...


Wow, these are the best little things ever.  I absolutely LOVE pecan pie, and these come pretty close to the real thing. They are very dense, crispy on the outside and gooey in the middle.  They make a perfect little snack or desert, and it is such an easy recipe!! 

I found the original recipe on AllRecipes.com
The original recipe makes 18 mini muffins, but I changed it slightly to make bigger muffins. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 2/3 cup butter, softened
  • 2 eggs, beaten

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour 9 muffin cups or 18 mini muffin cups. (I would recommend using a mini muffin pan if you have one; the muffins are rich.  Be sure to grease AND flour, they get VERY sticky.  The original recipe says you can use paper muffin liners, but because the muffins get so sticky, I don't recommend this).  
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and pecans. 
  3. In a separate bowl beat the butter and eggs together until smooth, stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. 
  4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees F for ~33 minutes for larger muffins, or for 20 to 25 minutes for smaller muffins. (I cooked mine a little longer, because I wanted the edges to be nice and crispy).
 
 Should I include the nutritional information? Nah, I don't want to make you feel guilty.  But you can find it at the link above.  
 
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment